We recently organised screenings of the documentary The Devil Came on Horseback (click here for details) which exposes the human tragedy taking place in the Darfur region of Sudan.
For all those of you who want to find out a bit more about what is going on in Darfur, here are links to several stories from the international press:
- Darfur? It’s the Oil, Stupid… – China and USA in New Cold War over Africa’s oil riches (F William Engdahl, May 20, 2007).
- Stop Trying to ‘Save’ Africa (Uzodinma Iweala, Washington Post, July 15, 2007).
- U.S. Relies on Sudan Despite Condemning It (Greg Miller & Josh Meyer, Los Angeles Times, June 11, 2007).
- So, tell me about… Darfur – a primer on the situation in Darfur (Andreas Spath, Women24.com).
- War of the Future – Oil Drives the Genocide in Darfur (David Morse)
- As other firms exit, phone companies enter Sudan – SA’s MTN stakes its claim in Sudan (Andrew Heavens, Reuters, 15 August 2007).